Is Your Tv Sound But No Picture How To Fix it Easily?
Tv Sound but no Picture How to Fix
If your TV screen turns black, but the sound continues to work, it may be due to various difficulties depending on your Television’s model. Smart device problems can be surprising because they can be technical, factory-related, or simple issues like wrong wiring.
Having disturbed when watching your favorite show, regardless of the situation, is a buzz killer. So, what should you do if your television screen becomes blank or black?
The first thing that comes to mind is that the TV has been disconnected from its power supply. You also can hear the audio out of whatever you’re watching, but you won’t be able to see it.
There are numerous causes for this; the good news is that most of these difficulties can be resolved with easy hacks, while others will require help from a professional technician.
This article will describe five methods for resolving tv sound but no picture how to fix it. So without ado, let’s get started;
The Reasons for a Blank or Black TV Screen
Some of the causes why your TV screen is blank, mainly black, are mentioned below.
● Breakdown of the power supply board
A failure in the power supply board is the most common source of a blank TV screen. TVs also have a power supply board and a T-con board, and other interior parts.
Attach your TV to a separate power source to see whether it’s a power supply issue. The issue is with the power outlet, not just the TV if it runs.
● Error with the Backlight
LCD TVs have this problem since they use a backlight to illuminate the images on the screen. As a result, if the backlight fails, you may be unable to see anything on your screen.
● Panel issue on Television
Your TV screen will immediately go blank unless the panel is damaged. Although, it is a complicated issue because you can either buy a new TV or a new screen.
● Connections not working
Your TV screen may go blank due to a defective connection or wiring. Examine the connection cables to make sure the power supply, TV, as well as other devices are all properly connected.
5 methods for repairing when tv sound but no picture how to fix
The following are our top five picks for how to cure a TV blank screen:
1. Do a factory reset
Use the RESET option on the TV to perform a factory reset. To re-set your Television;
- Put a pin
- Search for a small pinhole on the back or side of your Television.
- Place the pin into the hole.
- Hold the button down for 30–60 seconds.
You can also reset your TV using the remote control or a TV app on some models. The TV will turn off and on once you remove your hold. A reset would be started automatically. Try to re-setup the TV and verify that it now functions properly.
2. Turn off the power-saving mode
Try to see if your Television is in power-saving mode. Your screen will immediately turn off when the sound is still running if it is on a battery saver. As a result, if your TV offers this option, we suggest that you turn off the power saver mode or Energy save mode to assure that your viewing experience is uninterrupted.
3. Replace your HDMI cable
If broken cable connections are the reason for your TV going blank, probably replace the HDMI cable. HDMI cables are affordable and may be found in both brick-and-mortar and online outlets.
4. Replace the TV’s power supply board
When none of the previous hacks work, simply replace your Television’s power board. You have the option of having a technician change your TV power board or repairing it yourself. Follow the steps below to fix it yourself:
- To cover the TV screen, get one soft towel or cloth.
- Take a screwdriver, the size of which will be affected by the size of the Television.
- Get a screw holder or a container.
- With a screwdriver, unscrew the back of the Television.
- Check the connections on the Television (five of them)
- Change the fuse if it is burned out or damaged.
- Remove the screw that is keeping the power board in place.
- Replace it with a fresh one and tighten it.
- All of the cables and wires should be attached.
- The TV’s rear cover should be screwed back in place.
- Turn on the Television to see if the problem has been resolved.
5. Examine the television installation
It is one of the easiest solutions to apply. Examine your TV’s power and installation connections to make sure everything is in working order, and there are no loose cables. After you’ve double-checked that all wires are in their proper ports, do the following:
- Unplug and turn off the Television.
- When plugging it back in, wait 15 to 30 minutes.
- For several seconds, tap and hold the power button.
- Release the power button slowly.
- Turn on the Television.
This solution should fix the problem and restore the TV’s visuals.
In this article, we have shared the issue which many people face with their tv sound but no picture how to fix it easily. Therefore, you must be able to repair your TV’s blank screen using the suggestions above. If the problems continue, you should call a technician or your TV manufacturer’s customer service.